Thursday, May 3, 2012

Let's talk about sex baby!


source: mactm.wordpress.com

WARNING: Please be aware that this post contains the word SEX. Shocked? Nervous? Embarrassed? Those are the reactions I mostly receive from people every time I bring this topic publicly. What’s with that? In a world where sex education has become one of the main focuses as means of reducing the fast spread of HIV, it is disappointing to still find people who shun away from the issue.

On a recent gasp worthy scenario a mother commanded her teenage daughter to switch off the TV because a “too explicit” show about sex education was on! Another one was when a not so elderly member of my community told me that it’s against his traditional morals to openly talk about sex…not even to his wife. Sigh! We still have those kinds of thinkers.

The issue of HIV spread through misinformed and careless sexual tendencies has been on our faces for too long. By now, you can be forgiven for thinking people know all the necessary precautions. I find it strange that people are more comfortable with discussing what I think is the less important side of sex, like how good their partners are in bed and the different positions they experiment with. But should you try and get them to talk about the risks and disadvantages attached to sex; you are in for one awkward conversation. That’s something to think about during the afterglow.

I think the old saying, “talk is cheap, actions speaks louder” unfortunately does not apply to sex. That’s one of the sad realities brought by this world’s adverse developments. Let’s talk about sex; share our knowledge with the less informed so we can all be safe. Before you jump to bed with your partner, talk about what might be the repercussion of that action. Or even better, use a condom…that might require less taking since it should be a no compromise rule.

4 comments:

  1. i love ur blog baby - holla back a me, am featuring ur blog on mine...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks honey! I can't find yours though...tried to link to the URL you gave me (lovemayo.wordpress.com) but it takes me to somethigs else...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the marvelous posting! I certainly enjoyed reading it, you are a great
    author.I will make sure to bookmark your blog and will often come
    back later in life. I want to encourage continue
    your great job.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Harry! Thank you very much! Please keep coming back for more!

    ReplyDelete